Intel® Z690 (LGA 1700) ATX motherboard with PCIe® 5.0, three M.2 slots, 14+1 DrMOS, DDR4, HDMI®, DisplayPort™, 2.5 Gb Ethernet, USB 3.2 Gen 2×2 Type-C®, front USB 3.2 Gen 1 Type-C®, Thunderbolt™ 4 support and Aura Sync RGB lighting
- Intel® LGA 1700 socket: Ready for 12th gen Intel® processors
- Enhanced power solution: 14+1 DrMOS, 8+4 pin ProCool connector, alloy chokes and durable capacitors for stable power delivery
- Comprehensive cooling: Large VRM heatsinks, M.2 heatsink, PCH heatsink, hybrid fan headers and Fan Xpert 4
- ASUS OptiMem II: Careful routing of traces and vias, plus ground layer optimizations to preserve signal integrity for improved memory overclocking
- Next-gen connectivity: DDR4, PCIe® 5.0, 2.5 Gb Ethernet, USB 3.2 Gen 2×2 Type-C®, front panel USB 3.2 Gen 1 Type-C®, Thunderbolt™ 4 header support
ASUS Prime series motherboards are expertly engineered to unleash the full potential of 12th Generation Intel® processors. Boasting a robust power design, comprehensive cooling solutions and intelligent tuning options, Prime Z690-P D4 provides users and PC DIY builders a range of performance tuning options via intuitive software and firmware features.
- Intel® Socket LGA1700 for 12th Gen Intel® Core™, Pentium® Gold and Celeron® Processors
- Expansion slots
- 1 x PCIe 5.0 x16 SafeSlot
- 1 x PCIe 4.0 x16
- 2 x PCIe 3.0 x16
- 1 x PCIe 3.0 x1
- 14+1 DrMOS
- 4 x DIMM
- DDR4 5333 (OC)
- Dual Channel
- OptiMem II
- 3 x M.2 slots
- 1 x M.2 22110 (PCIe 4.0 x4 mode)
- 1 x M.2 2280 (PCIe 4.0 x4 mode)
- 1 x M.2 22110 (PCIe 4.0 x4 & SATA modes)
- CPU fan headers
- VRM heatsinks
- One M.2 heatsink for two M.2 slots
- CHA fan header
- AIO pump header
- Chipset heatsink
- CHA fan headers
- 1 x AURA RGB header
- 1 x AURA Addressable Gen 2 header
- 2 x AURA Addressable Gen 2 headers
- 2 x USB 2.0 ports(Type-A)
- HDMI® port
- 1 x USB 3.2 Gen 2 port (Type-A)
- 1 x USB 3.2 Gen 2×2 Type-C®
- 2 x USB 3.2 Gen 1 ports (2 x Type-A)
- Realtek 2.5 Gb Ethernet
- 1 x Optical S/PDIF out port
- 5 x Audio Jacks
- 1 x USB 3.2 Gen 1 header
- 1 x USB 3.2 Gen 1 Type-C® Connector
- Thunderbolt™ header
- 4 x SATA 6 Gb/s
- 2 x USB 2.0 headers
- 1 x USB 3.2 Gen 1 header
Comprehensive controls form the foundation of the ASUS Prime series. The Prime Z690 motherboard packs flexible tools to tune every aspect of your system, enabling performance tweaks to perfectly match the way you work to maximize productivity.
Fan Expert 4
Flexible Air- and Liquid-Cooling Controls
ASUS Fan Xpert 4 software provides comprehensive control over fans and all-in-one (AiO) cooler. Whether cooling with air or water, an Auto-Tuning mode intelligently configures all parameters with a single click. There’s also an Extreme Quiet mode that reduces all fan speeds to below the default minimum to keep your system whisper-quiet when performing light tasks. Fans and AiO cooler can also be controlled via the UEFI BIOS.
The renowned ASUS UEFI BIOS provides everything you need to configure, tweak and tune your system. It offers intelligently simplified options for PC DIY beginners, as well as comprehensive features for seasoned veterans.
Advanced Tuning for Serious Tweakers
An intuitive Advanced mode offered via the UEFI lets you take complete control. A built-in search feature makes it easy to find options, and various advanced functions let you intelligently make nuanced adjustments so you can dial in performance just the way you want.
ASUS User Profile
Port configuration settings between different BIOS versions, or share them with friends.
Quick and Simple Setup
EZ mode displays vital settings and stats and also offers guided wizards, drag-and-drop functionality, and one-click application of important settings — all to help you get your rig up and running in no time.
Intuitive Graphical Fan Control
Fine-tune individual fan settings simply by dragging a curve with the mouse.
Improve DRAM performance with one click.
Aura On/Off Mode (Stealth)
Easily enable or disable Aura RGB lighting, for a subdued aesthetic touch.
Prime Z690 series is engineered with multiple onboard heatsinks and an array of hybrid fan headers to ensure your rig stays cool and stable under intense workloads.
Cooler by Design
Prime Z690 series features comprehensive cooling controls that are configurable via Fan Xpert 4 software or via the UEFI BIOS.
Prime Z690 series is built to handle the additional cores and increased bandwidth of 12th Generation Intel® processors. ASUS Z690 motherboards provide all the fundamentals to boost daily productivity, so your system will be ready for action with stable power, intuitive cooling and flexible transfer options.
Stable power is essential to extract every last bit of performance out of 12th Generation Intel processors. Prime Z690-P D4 is geared to cater to the demands of these high-core-count CPUs.
Revisions to the motherboard’s trace routing provide the latest Intel processors with unrestricted access to memory bandwidth. ASUS OptiMem II technology carefully maps memory signal pathways across different PCB layers to reduce vias and adds shielding zones that significantly reduce crosstalk.
Benefits of ASUS OptiMem II:
- Improved memory stability and compatibility
- Allows lower memory latencies at equivalent voltages
- Improved memory frequency margin
Motherboards with OptiMem II technology were tested with Synopsys HSPICE simulation software.
Top layer – ground ring to prevent lateral interference.
Three M.2 slots (up to 64 Gbps)
Prime Z690-P D4 offers a total of three M.2 slots that support data-transfer speeds of up to 64 Gbps via PCIe® 4.0, enabling quicker boot-up and app load times with OS or application drives.
* Actual transmission speeds will be lower than the theoretical maximum speed.
Thunderbolt™ 4 Support
Prime Z690-P D4 features Thunderbolt™ 4 support via an on-board header. With the latest Intel-certified ASUS ThunderboltEX 4 add-on card, it can enable bi-directional speeds of up to 40 Gbps on a single cable. Additionally, this card has a daisy-chain function for multi-screen connection and supports up to an 8K resolution display. It can also provide up to 100 watts of power to fast-charge devices.
Prime Z690 series adds the nuanced details that improve every experience, from exclusive codecs that provide pristine audio quality to intuitive RGB lighting controls that let you customize your system to create a uniquely personal look.
Combined onboard features deliver elevated audio
Intelligent design and premium hardware create audio quality unlike anything you’ve ever experienced.
Separates analog/digital signal domains, significantly reducing multi-lateral interference.
Separate Layers for Left and Right Tracks
Ensures minimal crosstalk between audio paths.
Premium Audio Capacitors
Premium parts provide an immersive sound signature, with exceptional fidelity.
Outshine the Competition
A well-tuned enthusiast system deserves a matching aesthetic. ASUS Aura offers full RGB lighting control with a variety of functional presets for the strips and devices connected to the onboard RGB headers — and it can all be synced with an ever-growing portfolio of Aura-capable hardware.
Addressable Gen 2 RGB Header
Three addressable Gen 2 RGB headers are capable of detecting the number of LEDs on second-gen addressable RGB devices, allowing the software to automatically tailor lighting effects to specific devices. The new headers also offer backward-compatibility with existing Aura RGB gear.
Driver & Manual Download
Pumped-up throughput 2.5X higher surge tolerance
ASUS LANGuard is a hardware-level network protection feature that integrates advanced signal-coupling technology and premium anti-EMI surface-mounted capacitors to improve throughput and ensure a more reliable connection.
World-class circuit-protecting power design
An exclusive circuit design with built-in voltage regulators to protect your motherboard from damage caused by unexpected high-level voltages from unstable or inferior power supplies.
DRAM Overcurrent Protection
Short-circuit damage prevention
Onboard resettable fuses prevent overcurrent and short-circuit damage. This extends beyond I/O ports to DRAM to safeguard the lifespan of your system and connected devices.
Stainless-Steel Back I/O
3X corrosion-resistance for greater durability
Corrosion-resistant stainless-steel back I/O panels bonded with chromium oxide have a lifespan that’s three times longer than ordinary panels.
Compatible devices and components
The Prime Z690 series provides superior compatibility with thousands of components and memory support list identifies memory compatibility, giving you more choices for worry-free PC-building experiences.
Every ASUS motherboard is subjected to more than 8,000 hours of stringent tests, including burn-in, environmental, compatibility, software and safety tests to confirm their durability. ASUS reliability surpasses industry standards, ensuring that every component is designed to function flawlessly in any environment.
Temperature and humidity tests
Ensures components withstand extreme conditions.
Thermal measurement tests
Ensures that the system remains cool and stable under the heaviest loads.
Every port and connector is put through repeated installation cycles.
Up to 48-hour aging test ensures reliability.
Checked for world-class energy efficiency.
Temperature and DC margin tests
Ensures that the motherboard is capable of coping with voltages fluctuations caused by varying temperatures.
Ensures ability to survive temperature changes during transportation.
Non-operation shock tests
Built to withstand jolts that may occur during shipping.
Every component is checked to ensure flawless operation.
Connector placement is double-checked to ensure hassle-free installation.
Drop tests from various heights ensure durability.
Salt and spray tests
Tested for I/O reliability, prolonged lifespan and rust-resistance.
- Products certified by the Federal Communications Commission and Industry Canada will be distributed in the United States and Canada. Please visit the ASUS USA and ASUS Canada websites for information about locally available products.
- All specifications are subject to change without notice. Please check with your supplier for exact offers. Products may not be available in all markets.
- Specifications and features vary by model, and all images are illustrative. Please refer to specification pages for full details.
- PCB color and bundled software versions are subject to change without notice.
- Brand and product names mentioned are trademarks of their respective companies.
- The terms HDMI and HDMI High-Definition Multimedia Interface, and the HDMI Logo are trademarks or registered trademarks of HDMI Licensing Administrator, Inc. in the United States and other countries.
- Specifications and features vary by model, and all images are illustrative. Please refer specification pages for full details.
- *Precise specifications and features vary by model. Please refer to the specification page
- The product (electrical, electronic equipment, Mercury-containing button cell battery) should not be placed in municipal waste. Check local regulations for disposal of electronic products.
- The use of trademark symbol (TM, ®) appears on this website means that the word text, trademarks, logos or slogans, is being used as trademark under common laws protection and/or registered as Trademark in U.S. and/or other country/region.
|Product Model:||Z690-P D4|
|Product Name:||Prime Z690-P D4 Desktop Motherboard|
|Product Type:||Desktop Motherboard|
|Processor & Chipset|
|Total Processor Supported:||1|
|Processor Socket:||Socket LGA-1700|
|Processor Generation Supported:||12th Gen|
|Processor Supported:||Pentium Gold, Celeron, Core i5, Core i7, Core i9|
|Number of Memory Slots:||4|
|Memory Form Factor:||DIMM, UDIMM|
|Maximum Memory Supported:||128 GB|
|Memory Technology:||DDR4 SDRAM|
|Memory Speed Supported:||5333 MHz, 5133 MHz, 5000 MHz, 4800 MHz, 4600 MHz, 4400 MHz, 4266 MHz, 4133 MHz, 4000 MHz, 3866 MHz, 3733 MHz, 3600 MHz, 3466 MHz, 3400 MHz, 3333 MHz, 3200 MHz, 3000 MHz, 2933 MHz, 2800 MHz, 2666 MHz, 2400 MHz, 2133 MHz|
|Intel Optane Memory Ready:||Yes|
|Controller Type:||Serial ATA/600|
|RAID Levels:||0, 1, 5, 10|
|Onboard Video:||CPU Dependent Video|
|Network & Communication|
|Number of Total Expansion Slots:||5|
|Total Number of PCI Express Slots:||5|
|Number of PCI Express x1 Slots:||1|
|Number of PCI Express x16 Slots:||4|
|Total Number of USB Ports:||6|
|Number of USB 2.0 Ports:||2|
|Number of USB 3.2 Ports:||1|
|Number of USB 3.2 Gen 1 Ports:||2|
|Number of USB 3.2 Gen 2 Type-A Ports:||1|
|Number of Network (RJ-45) Ports:||1|
|Number of SATA Interfaces:||4|
|Number of M.2 Interfaces:||3|
|Total Number of Onboard USB Ports:||7|
|Number of Onboard USB 2.0 Ports:||4|
|Number of Onboard USB 3.2 Ports:||3|
|Width:||12.01″ (305 mm)|
|Depth:||9.21″ (234 mm)|